Discover how support from the Genesis Foundation has helped hundreds of organisations and churches launch, grow and flourish.
The Genesis Foundation has helped hundreds of churches and Christian organisations since 1999.
Church Plant and Development
Since 2020 we have partnered with the Gospel Future Fund (GFF) for church plant and growth grants. The administrator of the GFF handles all the day to day matters of these grants and we provide funds in bulk for the grants and participate on their committees. Prior to this outsourcing of grant management, we provided grants directly to churches.
Some examples of the churches Genesis supported prior to 2020 are:
- In 2011, a grant to start the Salt church in Wollongong. The grant reduced over 3 years. As the church grew, they requested support for a second minister to focus on pastoring, and through continuing growth, further support to employ a mission pastor. All these positions are now funded by church members.
- Mother church, Graceville Presbyterian Church, helped the establishment of a new independent church, Moorooka Presbyterian church. The MOU provided umbrella support with a plan to work towards becoming an independent church when it is financially sustainable
- The Hunter Bible Church received assistance from Genesis to establish the Warner Bay congregation. The initial funding by Genesis was shared with the Church and initial core team: the grant reduced over 3 years as the membership finances grew.
- In Shepparton, a pastor had been serving his church voluntarily for several years and the time came to serve full-time. Genesis assisted in the transition as the membership grew and fund raising increased to sustain that pastor.
Scripture and religious instruction in schools has received numerous grants to improve the structure (under a multi faith group) and operations with the various Departments of Education. ChristianSRE in NSW was supported by Genesis with a grant to ICCORIES to establish and promote a new SRE structure and to grow the work of Scripture in public schools. This structure and learnings was broadly followed in Queensland and envisioned in Victoria, with Genesis support of the formation of Christian Religious Instruction Alliance Queensland (CRIAQ) and Faith Life Values Victoria.
The National Providers of School Chaplains received a grant to commission research by WA University into the benefits to community of having Chaplains in Australian public schools. The results published in mid 2022 show a very strong support for School Chaplaincy across all stakeholders.
Other initiatives with youth supported by Genesis include:
- YFCA received a matching grant to assist young evangelists in their internship and for seed funding as a new YFC missionary.
- CRU (Crusaders) have established a local day camps ministry based on a pilot funded by Genesis. CRU also received a grant to establish Western Australia. The CRU leadership trust received a matching grant to establish a capital fund for developing future leaders.
- Quizworx received a grant for the online Christmas video and a match for their fund raising.
- Baptists NSW received a grant to update “Godspace” a popular tool used by SRE/RI teachers and approved by the Departments of Education for use in schools.
Missions have been run throughout regional Australia by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association Australia for many years, primarily funded by the local churches and Christians with support funding from Genesis.
Alpha received a grant to develop the use of Alpha in the Catholic sector.
Funding was provided to City Bible Forum – Third Space to establish a training centre for evangelists which will provide training, resources and importantly inspiration and encouragement to churches and individual evangelists.
CMAA have received numerous grants to expand the vision of the sector and to increase effectiveness of Christian radio (over 5mill Australians listen to/watch Christian media each month).
Five stations in NSW have joined together in the “NSW Hub” to share resources and become more strategic in their broadcasts. Genesis has helped in the early stages and then to employ a Program Director in the centre.
With the huge demand for sports Chaplains, Genesis has assisted Sports Chaplains Australia (SCA) develop training, church partnerships, fund raising consultancy and a critical incident service.
Kids Games, initially developed by Logosdor around the time of the Sydney Olympics, is now operating in most countries, received speculative development funding from Genesis.
Genesis has assisted global ministries at their global centre office in association with GloLead. Some of the ministries Genesis has helped are:
- Youth for Christ International
- Christian Surfers International
- Global Sports Chaplains
- African Enterprise
- Global Children’s Forum
- Arrow Leadership
- Mainly Music