We seek to help Christian organisations with strategic planning and seed capital in order to multiply their work and implement projects that become self funding, so that they have the greatest impact for Christ’s Kingdom.
The Genesis Foundation considers grant applications in a two-stage process: a short “Preliminary Enquiry”, and if invited, a comprehensive “Grant Submission”.
We no longer provide grants directly to churches (including both planting or growth initiatives), as we have partnered with the Gospel Future Fund to provide this support. If you are seeking a grant for a church, please go to Gospel Future Fund
- Complete the online short Preliminary Enquiry Form and submit during the Preliminary Enquiry window (see current submission dates below).
- If successful, you will then be invited to proceed to the comprehensive Grant Submission stage.
- The submission dates vary depending on the nature and size of the grant request.
Current Submission Dates
Preliminary Enquiry Forms for ministry grants are considered once a year.
Fast Track – now closed – Where the total request is less than $60,000 over 3 years (and you are not currently receiving a grant), a Preliminary Enquiry Form may be submitted during the week ending noon Friday 8 July 2022. We hope to respond within a week. Those invited to complete a Grant Submission will need to lodge the Grant Submission by noon Friday 29 July 2022. We aim to provide a decision in early August.
Board Approval Required – Where the total request exceeds $60,000 over 3 years and/or you are currently receiving a grant, a Preliminary Enquiry Form may be submitted:
- for a youth ministry or Christian media ministry (that have DGR status) during the period from Monday 5 September 2022 ended noon Monday 12 September 2022.
- for other ministries (with or without DGR status) during the period from Monday 19 September 2022 ended noon Monday 26 September 2022.
Those invited to complete a Grant Submission will need to lodge the Grant Submission by noon Monday 3 October 2022 (for youth and media DGR) and noon Monday 10 October 2022 (other ministries). Summary below:
|Due Noon Monday||DGR Youth Ministries & Christian media||Other ministries|
|Preliminary Enquiry Form||5 September 2022||19 September 2022|
|Grant Submission||3 October 2022||10 October 2022|
The Genesis Board will consider Grant Submissions on 27 October 2022.