We seek to help Christian organisations with strategic planning and seed capital in order to multiply their work and implement projects that become self funding, so that they have the greatest impact for Christ’s Kingdom.
The Genesis Foundation considers grant applications in a two-stage process: a short “Preliminary Enquiry”, and if invited, a comprehensive “Grant Submission”.
We no longer provide grants directly to churches (including both planting or growth initiatives), as we have partnered with the Gospel Future Fund to provide this support. If you are seeking a grant for a church, please look up Gospel Future Fund
- Complete the online short Preliminary Enquiry Form and submit during the Preliminary Enquiry window (see current submission dates below).
- If successful, you will then be invited to proceed to the comprehensive Grant Submission stage.
- The submission dates vary depending on the nature and size of the grant request.
Current Submission Dates
Preliminary Enquiry Forms for ministry grants are considered once a year.
Fast Track – now closed – Where the total request is less than $60,000 over 3 years (and you are not currently receiving a grant), a Preliminary Enquiry Form may be submitted during the week ending noon Friday 2 July 2021. We hope to respond within a week. Those invited to complete a Grant Submission will need to lodge the Grant Submission by noon Friday 23 July 2021. We provided a decision by the end of July.
Board Approval Required – Where the total request exceeds $60,000 over 3 years and/or you are currently receiving a grant, a Preliminary Enquiry Form may be submitted:
- for a youth ministry or Christian media ministry (that have DGR status) during the period from Monday 13 September 2021 ended noon Wednesday 22 September 2021.
- for other ministries (with or without DGR status) during the period from Monday 20 September 2021 ended noon Wednesday 29 September 2021.
Those invited to complete a Grant Submission will need to lodge the Grant Submission by noon Wednesday 6 October 2021 and noon Wednesday 13 October 2021 respectively.
The Genesis Board will consider Grant Submissions on 29 October 2021.