We exist to help Christian organisations with strategic planning and seed capital in order to multiply their work and implement projects that become self funding, so that they have the greatest impact for Christ’s Kingdom.
The Genesis Foundation is accepting grant applications in two key areas – Church Plants and Christian Ministries. Applications are considered in a two-stage process: a short “Preliminary Enquiry”, and if invited, a comprehensive “Grant Submission”.
- Complete the online two page Preliminary Enquiry Form and submit during the Preliminary Enquiry window (see current submission dates).
- If successful, you will then be invited to proceed to the comprehensive Grant Submission stage.
- For applicants invited to proceed to the Grant Submission stage. Depending on the nature and size of the grant request, the Submission dates vary. Please see current submission dates below.
Current Submission Dates
- Submission Dates for Church Plant Grants
Submissions for Church Plant Grants are considered during the December quarter.
- Preliminary Enquiry window opens Monday 17 September and closes noon Friday 21 September 2018.
- For applicants invited to proceed to the Grant Submission stage, Grant Submissions will be due Wednesday 17 October 2018.
- Submission Dates for Ministry Grants
Submissions for ministry grants are considered once a year for your organisation.
- Preliminary Enquiries may be submitted during the months of February, May and June, with decisions made following the end of each month (this does not apply if the organisation has a current grant running).
- However, if your total request exceeds $60,000 over 3 years and/or you are currently receiving a grant, you will need to submit a Preliminary Enquiry during one of the large grant rounds below:
- June Quarter Round
- If your financial year ends between 1 January and 30 June, you may seek a grant in our June quarter round. The Preliminary Enquiry window for this round opens mid-March for around 10 days.
- Those invited to complete a Grant Submission will need to lodge the Grant Submission by a date to be arranged in April 2019.
- December Quarter Round
- If your financial year ends between 1 July and 31 December, you may seek a grant in our December quarter round. The Preliminary Enquiry window for this round opens on Monday 15 October 2018 and closes noon, Wednesday 24 October 2018.
- Those invited to complete a Grant Submission will need to lodge the Grant Submission by noon on 6 November 2018.
- June Quarter Round